I got these products from Mary Kay ages ago but I am only writing about them now because I’ve wasted so much time testing a product that wasn’t even worth it. Now I’m back to the brands which I do love so I’m taking the time to write about Mary Kay’s latest offerings.
Number 1: Mary Kay TimeWise Moisture Renewing Softener (PHP1,300)
After washing your face, use this toner because it completes the cleansing process by infusing your skin with much-needed moisture, leaving it feeling silky soft and hydrated. This is essential to keeping your skin looking young because it contains moisture-loving sodium hyaluronate, which acts like a sponge helping the skin retain moisture more effectively.
As we all know, dry skin is more prone to the signs of aging such as wrinkles. A well-hydrated skin, on the other hand, appears much more smooth and supple for longer.
Other benefits of this product include:
– Minimizing the appearance of pores because it’s also formulated with myrtle and lentil seed extracts, both of which strengthen and support the skin’s pore “walls” thus preventing it from breaking down and appearing large.
– Leaving the skin looking brighter because it contains niacinamide or Vitamin B3 (often used in acne medications).
Sleep is essential to human beings because it’s the time when the body moves to repair itself of the damages acquired during the day. This is why for those who are sick, sleep is often touted as the best cure.
With Mary Kay’s newest product, the skin’s age-fighting potential is awakened during sleep. As the product description goes, “Just close your eyes and let Mary Kay TimeWise Night Restore and Recover Complex do all the work.”
– Activating collagen production. Collagen is important because it provides structure and firmness to the skin, thus keeping it from sagging and developing wrinkles.
– Targeting the skin matrix. In relation to the first bullet, the skin matrix is important in providing structure to the skin. By keeping it strong, wrinkles and other signs of aging are avoided.
– Helping the skin recover from daily damage. This product contains Cotton Seed extract, which has been found to help minimize environmental damages on the skin and help it recover.
– Restoring the skin barrier. With ingredients such as Acai Berry extract (replenishes antioxidants), Pomegranate Sterols (strengthen and stabilize skin barrier), and Chestnut Seed extract (promotes cell turnover), your skin is well-equipped to restore itself.
So for those who want to take the fight against skin aging to the next level, this product is definitely for you.
To best test the product, I’m letting my mom use so she can observe if it’s doing anything for her skin. I shall let you know once she gives me her verdict.