No nail polish brand, no matter how expensive or of good quality, is a match for my clumsiness. Often, I end up regretting an expensive visit to a nail salon because of a chipped nail only a few minutes after stepping out of the place. Hence, I endeavored to find the perfect nail polish for clumsy people like myself. That’s when I found Bobbie.
1. Affordable. Unlike imported brands (such as OPI, Orly, or Sally Hansen), a bottle of Bobbie nail varnish will only cost you PHP34 (8ml) or PHP41 (15ml). As such, you will have absolutely no worries about wasting product while redoing your nails due to some stupid mistake (e.g. horrible nail painting skills).
2. Minimal Clumping. While painting my own nails, I noticed that the product spreads out evenly very easily. Unlike another brand I tried, clumsy application doesn’t immediately spell a clumpy nail polish mess. It’s very kind to nail painting newbies like me.
3. Wide Color Selection. When you check out the Bobbie counter at Watson’s, you’ll immediately see the wide range of colors to choose from! From matte yellows to sparkly blacks, bold reds to pale pinks, classic nudes to trendy brights -much is at your disposal. The polishes also come in both regular (opaque) and glaze (sheer) finishes.
4. Quick Dry. Most importantly, depending on the number of coats (I usually do two), the product doesn’t take ages to dry. After painting all the nails in one hand with the first coat, the lacquer is usually dry enough for a second coat. Of course, as much as possible, prevent from bumping your nails into objects right after application.
1. Needs Two to Three Coats. Especially with products that have a glaze finish, it usually takes two to three coats to get the right color. Apparently, this is most irritating to those who work at salons as this spells double the work for them. Personally, however, I don’t mind this that much.
2. Not Long-Lasting. I haven’t experienced this personally but my friend told me that Bobbie varnishes chip easily. For me, when I’m not being too clumsy, my nails remain perfectly covered for at least 3 days.
3. Solid Colors. Textured or patterned nail varnishes have become a recent trend among the more popular international brands. Case in point: Black Shatter from OPI, which I think is incredibly awesome!
At the end of the day, Bobbie nail lacquers are my recommended products for nail polish newbies who are still in the process of honing their nail painting skills. Cheap, easy-to-use, and for what it’s worth, proudly Pinoy!